Rep. John Rowland
Former Representative from Connecticut's 5th District
|Representative||Connecticut's 5th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Rowland was a centrist Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Rowland’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Rowland to other members of the House of Representatives in the 101st Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Rowland’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5060 (101st): To require the establishment of an Office of Inspector General at the ...
- H.R. 5014 (101st): To authorize the payment of a dislocation allowance under title 37, United ...
- H.R. 4981 (101st): Bankruptcy Antifraud Act of 1990
- H.R. 3401 (101st): To amend Chapter 55 of Title 5 and Chapter 10 of Title ...
- H.R. 3254 (101st): Drug War Funding Enhancement Act of 1989
- H.R. 2763 (101st): Weir Farm Study Act of 1989
- H.R. 1730 (101st): Missing Service Personnel Act of 1989
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1985 to Oct 1990, Rowland missed 219 of 2,732 roll call votes, which is 8.0%. This is worse than the median of 4.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1990. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills