Rep. John Seiberling
Former Representative from Ohio's 14th District
|Representative||Ohio's 14th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Seiberling was a far-left Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Seiberling’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Seiberling to other members of the House of Representatives in the 99th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Seiberling’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5687 (99th): A bill to amend title 11 of the United States Code to ...
- H.Con.Res. 383 (99th): A concurrent resolution directing the Clerk of the House of Representatives to ...
- H.R. 5293 (99th): Freedom From Vertical Price Fixing Act of 1986
- H.R. 5256 (99th): A bill to amend the Act of April 9, 1924 authorizing the ...
- H.Res. 477 (99th): A resolution to amend the Rules of the House of Representatives to ...
- H.R. 4878 (99th): A bill to require the Secretary of the Interior to submit to ...
- H.R. 4814 (99th): Federal Land Exchange Facilitation Act of 1986
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1971 to Oct 1986, Seiberling missed 438 of 8,387 roll call votes, which is 5.2%. This is better than the median of 5.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills