Rep. Joseph Smith
Former Representative from Pennsylvania's 3rd District
|Representative||Pennsylvania's 3rd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Smith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5396 (97th): A bill to provide for the striking of medals in honor of ...
- H.R. 5397 (97th): A bill to designate the building known as the Old Federal Building ...
- H.J.Res. 388 (97th): A joint resolution proclaiming William Penn and Hannah Callowhill Penn to be ...
- H.R. 4810 (97th): A bill to prohibit the imposition of any user fee the proceeds ...
- H.Res. 246 (97th): A resolution authorizing the withholding of city income taxes from Members and ...
- H.R. 4723 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to clarify ...
- H.R. 4722 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to provide ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jul 1981 to Dec 1982, Smith missed 174 of 647 roll call votes, which is 26.9%. This is worse than the median of 7.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills