Vargas is a moderate Democratic follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Vargas to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Juan Vargas sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Agriculture
- Member, Subcommittee on General Farm Commodities and Risk Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Horticulture, Research, Biotechnology, and Foreign Agriculture
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on House Administration
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Vargas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1690: Child Protection Act of 2013
- H.R. 1691: Chocolate Mountain Aerial Gunnery Range Transfer Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to May 2013, Vargas missed 2 of 154 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- New Member Pictorial Directory (113th), Committee on House Administration for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Vargas [D-CA51]: AyeMay 17, 2013 1:22 p.m.
Rep. Vargas [D-CA51]: AyeMay 17, 2013 1:05 p.m.
Agreed to 233/163