Amash is a centrist Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Amash to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Justin Amash sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Amash’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2014: Telephone Records Protection Act
- H.R. 1218: Commemorative Coins Reform Act of 2013
- H.R. 760: Readable Legislation Act of 2013
- H.J.Res. 24: Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
- H.R. 6495 (112th): Commemorative Coins Reform Act of 2012
- H.R. 4268 (112th): Export-Import Bank Termination Act of 2012
- H.R. 3814 (112th): To prohibit the Department of Justice from tracking and cataloguing the purchases ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to May 2013, Amash missed 0 of 1,789 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Amash [R-MI3]: NayMay 23, 2013 12:30 p.m.
Rep. Amash [R-MI3]: YeaMay 23, 2013 10:58 a.m.
Rep. Amash [R-MI3]: YeaMay 23, 2013 10:46 a.m.
This bill’s text is now available.May 23, 2013 9:45 a.m.