Rep. Karen Shepherd
Former Representative from Utah's 2nd District
|Representative||Utah's 2nd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Shepherd was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Shepherd’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Shepherd to other members of the House of Representatives in the 103rd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Shepherd’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4658 (103rd): Truth in Tobacco Labeling Act
- H.R. 4470 (103rd): Children and Incapacitated Dependents Care Annual Refund (CIDCARE) Act
- H.R. 4349 (103rd): Theater Missile Defense Act of 1994
- H.R. 4346 (103rd): To prohibit the Secretary of Defense from transporting across State lines chemical ...
- H.R. 3443 (103rd): To amend title 5, United States Code, to provide that none of ...
- H.R. 3259 (103rd): To amend the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 ...
- H.R. 2835 (103rd): Congressional Ethics Reform Act of 1993
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Nov 1994, Shepherd missed 24 of 1,122 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills