Rep. Kenny Marchant
- Texas - District 24
|Representative||Texas's 24th District|
Marchant is a far-right Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Marchant to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Kenny Marchant sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
- House Committee on Ways and Means
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Marchant’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6209 (112th): Student Loan Opportunity Act of 2012
- H.R. 3038 (112th): To amend title 49, United States Code, to direct the Secretary of ...
- H.R. 3008 (112th): Social Security Child Protection Act of 2011
- H.R. 2064 (112th): To amend the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 ...
- H.R. 695 (112th): Legal Eligibility for Granting A Loan Act of 2011
- H.R. 5862 (111th): Veterans FAA Employment Fairness Act of 2010
- H.R. 4744 (111th): E-Verify Loan Origination Act of 2010
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to May 2013, Marchant missed 479 of 6,530 roll call votes, which is 7.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity