Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand
- New York
|Representative||New York's 20th District|
Gillibrand is a far-left Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Gillibrand to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Kirsten Gillibrand sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Gillibrand’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 967: A bill to amend title 10, United States Code, to modify various authorities ...
- S. 925: Lower East Side Tenement National Historic Site Improvement Act of 2013
- S. 904: Strengthening The Resiliency of Our Nation on the Ground Act
- S. 895: Antimicrobial Data Collection Act
- S. 881: Family Act of 2013
- S. 817: JET Delays Act
- S. 811: Halal and Kosher Food Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to May 2013, Gillibrand missed 12 of 1,295 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Amendment Agreed to 87/8
Nomination Confirmed 90/0
Nomination Confirmed 97/0