Rep. Larry Hopkins
Former Representative from Kentucky's 6th District
|Representative||Kentucky's 6th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Hopkins was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Hopkins’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Hopkins to other members of the House of Representatives in the 102nd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Hopkins’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3385 (102nd): To amend title V of the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act ...
- H.R. 3386 (102nd): State Solid Waste Management Act
- H.R. 1729 (102nd): To amend the Water Resources Development Act of 1986 to provide Federal ...
- H.R. 1564 (102nd): To place contingencies on the divestiture of certain locks and dams.
- H.R. 5871 (101st): Farm Poundage Quota Revisions Act of 1990
- H.R. 3832 (101st): To place contingencies on the divestiture of certain locks and dams.
- H.R. 3597 (101st): To amend title 5, United States Code, to provide that Federal employees ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Oct 1992, Hopkins missed 399 of 6,653 roll call votes, which is 6.0%. This is worse than the median of 4.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills