Rep. Linda Smith
Former Representative from Washington's 3rd District
|Representative||Washington's 3rd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Smith was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Smith’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Smith to other members of the House of Representatives in the 105th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Smith’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4548 (105th): To make a technical correction to the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic ...
- H.R. 4220 (105th): Veterans Benefits Restoration Act of 1998
- H.R. 3987 (105th): Deer and Elk Protection Act
- H.R. 3861 (105th): Home Owners Military Equity Act of 1998
- H.R. 3543 (105th): To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to prohibit a ...
- H.R. 3299 (105th): Family Genetic Privacy and Protection Act
- H.R. 3019 (105th): Anti-Money Laundering and Paycheck Accountability Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Dec 1998, Smith missed 91 of 2,527 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1998. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills