Begich is a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Begich to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Mark Begich sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries, and Coast Guard
- Member, Subcommittee on Aviation Operations, Safety, and Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Communications, Technology, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Competitiveness, Innovation, and Export Promotion
- Member, Subcommittee on Surface Transportation and Merchant Marine Infrastructure, Safety, and Security
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Emergency Management, Intergovernmental Relations, and the District of Columbia
- Member, Subcommittee on Financial and Contracting Oversight
- Member, Subcommittee on the Efficiency and Effectiveness of Federal Programs and the Federal Workforce
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Homeland Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Senate Committee on Indian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Begich’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 141: A resolution recognizing the goals of National Travel and Tourism Week and honoring ...
- S. 932: Putting Veterans Funding First Act of 2013
- S. 926: National Guard Youth Education Act of 2013
- S.Res. 132: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that the Department of Defense ...
- S.Res. 131: A resolution recommending the designation of a Presidential Special Envoy to the Balkans ...
- S. 896: Social Security Fairness Act of 2013
- S. 877: Veterans Affairs Research Transparency Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to May 2013, Begich missed 37 of 1,310 roll call votes, which is 2.8%. This is worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Amendment Agreed to 87/8
Sen. Begich [D-AK]: YeaMay 21, 2013 12:02 p.m.
This bill’s text is now available.May 21, 2013 2:56 a.m.
Nomination Confirmed 90/0
Sen. Begich [D-AK]: YeaMay 20, 2013 5:32 p.m.