Salmon is a centrist Republican follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Salmon to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Matt Salmon sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Salmon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1908: Federal Repeal of Expensive Exchanges Act
- H.R. 1847: Electronic Communications Privacy Act Amendments Act of 2013
- H.J.Res. 41: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States relative to limiting ...
- H.R. 1404: Medicaid Expansion Repeal and State Flexibility Act
- H.R. 5642 (106th): Armed Services Vote Rescue Act
- H.R. 5283 (106th): Telemarketing Victims Protection Act
- H.Res. 588 (106th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives with respect to violations ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to May 2013, Salmon missed 141 of 3,920 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- New Member Pictorial Directory (113th), Committee on House Administration for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Salmon [R-AZ5]: NayMay 23, 2013 12:30 p.m.
Rep. Salmon [R-AZ5]: YeaMay 23, 2013 10:58 a.m.
Rep. Salmon [R-AZ5]: YeaMay 23, 2013 10:46 a.m.