Cartwright is a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Cartwright to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Matthew Cartwright sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Natural Resources
House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Economic Growth, Job Creation, and Regulatory Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy Policy, Health Care, and Entitlements
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Cartwright’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2020: To amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to require certain institutions of ...
- H.R. 1910: Foreign Manufacturers Legal Accountability Act of 2013
- H.R. 1725: Veterans Mental Health Accessibility Act
- H.R. 1620: Military Spouse Job Continuity Act of 2013
- H.R. 1500: Nutrition Education Act
- H.R. 1333: Military Family Leave Act of 2013
- H.R. 1175: Focused Reduction of Effluence and Stormwater runoff through Hydrofracking Environmental Regulation Act of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to May 2013, Cartwright missed 4 of 166 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- New Member Pictorial Directory (113th), Committee on House Administration for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity