Rep. Mel Reynolds
Former Representative from Illinois's 2nd District
|Representative||Illinois's 2nd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Reynolds was a moderate Democratic follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Reynolds’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Reynolds to other members of the House of Representatives in the 104th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Reynolds’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5124 (103rd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to limit the interest ...
- H.Res. 448 (103rd): Amending the Code of Official Conduct of the Rules of the House ...
- H.R. 4450 (103rd): Lock Out Child Crime Act of 1994
- H.R. 3245 (103rd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the tax ...
- H.R. 3244 (103rd): Relating to the discount factors applicable to medical malpractice companies under section ...
- H.R. 3184 (103rd): Semiautomatic Assault Weapon Violence Prevention Act of 1993
- H.R. 2897 (103rd): To suspend temporarily the duty on the personal effects of participants in, ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Sep 1995, Reynolds missed 451 of 1,822 roll call votes, which is 24.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1995. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills