Rep. Merrill Cook
Former Representative from Utah's 2nd District
|Representative||Utah's 2nd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Cook was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Cook’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Cook to other members of the House of Representatives in the 106th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Cook’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5411 (106th): To direct the Secretary of Transportation to permit the State of Utah ...
- H.R. 4989 (106th): Campaign Finance Disclosure on Sales of Personnel Assets Act of 2000
- H.R. 4676 (106th): Space Transportation Investment Act of 2000
- H.R. 4558 (106th): To amend the Reclamation Projects Authorization and Adjustment Act of 1992 to ...
- H.R. 3679 (106th): 2002 Winter Olympic Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 3268 (106th): Fair Cabin User Fee Act of 1999
- H.R. 3074 (106th): To repeal the Federal estate and gift taxes and the alternative minimum ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2000, Cook missed 232 of 2,401 roll call votes, which is 9.7%. This is worse than the median of 3.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: