Rep. Michael Andrews
Former Representative from Texas's 25th District
|Representative||Texas's 25th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Andrews was a moderate Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Andrews’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Andrews to other members of the House of Representatives in the 103rd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Andrews’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5249 (103rd): Historic Homeownership Assistance Act
- H.R. 4823 (103rd): Civil War Battlefields Preservation Tax Incentives Act of 1994
- H.Con.Res. 255 (103rd): Expressing the sense of the Congress regarding the proposed Disney theme park ...
- H.R. 3892 (103rd): Child Support Enhancement Act of 1994
- H.R. 3736 (103rd): Workforce Education Act of 1994
- H.R. 3738 (103rd): Pay Equity Employment Reform Act of 1994
- H.R. 3721 (103rd): Violent and Repeat Offenders Act of 1994
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Nov 1994, Andrews missed 193 of 5,690 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is worse than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills