Bennet is a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Bennet to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Michael Bennet sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Member, Subcommittee on Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
Senate Committee on Finance
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Bennet’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1010: A bill to establish the Commission on Effective Regulation and Assessment Systems for ...
- S. 957: Drug Supply Chain Security Act
- S. 930: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to require the Secretary ...
- S. 859: Animal and Public Health Protection Act
- S. 841: Hermosa Creek Watershed Protection Act of 2013
- S. 849: Permanent Stewardship Contracting Authority Act of 2013
- S. 765: Native American Indian Education Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to May 2013, Bennet missed 6 of 1,306 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Nomination Confirmed 97/0
Sen. Bennet [D-CO]: YeaMay 23, 2013 1:59 p.m.
Amendment Rejected 27/71
Sen. Bennet [D-CO]: YeaMay 23, 2013 10:38 a.m.