Rep. Michael Blouin
Former Representative from Iowa's 2nd District
|Representative||Iowa's 2nd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Blouin was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Blouin’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Blouin to other members of the House of Representatives in the 95th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Blouin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 13513 (95th): A bill to provide that certain interstate pipelines may be constructed only ...
- H.R. 13144 (95th): A bill to provide that certain interstate pipelines may be constructed only ...
- H.R. 12985 (95th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to make ...
- H.R. 12661 (95th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to allow ...
- H.R. 12638 (95th): A bill to provide that certain interstate pipelines may be constructed only ...
- H.R. 12254 (95th): Navajo Community College Assistance Act
- H.R. 11616 (95th): Senior Environmental Employment Corps
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1975 to Oct 1978, Blouin missed 141 of 2,795 roll call votes, which is 5.0%. This is better than the median of 8.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills