Rep. Michael McCaul
- Texas - District 10
|Representative||Texas's 10th District|
McCaul is a moderate Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare McCaul to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Michael McCaul sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Homeland Security
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Cybersecurity, Infrastructure Protection, and Security Technologies
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Emergency Preparedness, Response and Communications
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Transportation Security
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on The Western Hemisphere
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of McCaul’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1826: No Monuments to Me Act of 2013
- H.R. 1781: Mustafa Akarsu Local Guard Force Support Act
- H.Con.Res. 29: Expressing the sense of Congress that the United States should resume normal diplomatic ...
- H.R. 1417: Border Security Results Act of 2013
- H.R. 854: Qods Force Terrorist Designation Act
- H.R. 755: To award a Congressional Gold Medal to the World War II members of ...
- H.R. 756: Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to May 2013, McCaul missed 151 of 6,511 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Agreed to 233/163
Rep. McCaul [R-TX10]: AyeMay 17, 2013 12:58 p.m.
Rep. McCaul [R-TX10]: AyeMay 17, 2013 10:55 a.m.