Rep. Michele Bachmann
- Minnesota - District 6
|Representative||Minnesota's 6th District|
Bachmann is a far-right Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Bachmann to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Michele Bachmann sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Bachmann’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1788: Cormorant Management and Natural Resources Protection Act
- H.Res. 24: Expressing the deep disappointment of the House of Representatives in the enactment by ...
- H.R. 162: Medicaid Integrity Act of 2013
- H.R. 43: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 14 ...
- H.R. 42: Military Health Care Affordability Act
- H.R. 45: To repeal the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and health care-related provisions ...
- H.R. 46: To repeal the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to May 2013, Bachmann missed 577 of 5,300 roll call votes, which is 10.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity