Johanns is a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Johanns to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Mike Johanns sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Member, Subcommittee on Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Military Construction and Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Johanns’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 888: A bill to provide end user exemptions from certain provisions of the Commodity ...
- S.J.Res. 14: A joint resolution amending title 36, United States Code, to designate the last ...
- S.Res. 81: A resolution commemorating March 19, 2013, as the 40th anniversary of National Ag ...
- S. 610: Family Health Care Flexibility Act
- S. 576: A bill to reform laws relating to small public housing agencies, and for ...
- S. 356: Unborn Child Pain Awareness Act of 2013
- S.Res. 36: A resolution recognizing February 19, 2013 as the centennial of Mosaic, a faith-based ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to May 2013, Johanns missed 34 of 1,313 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Resolution Agreed to 99/0
Sen. Johanns [R-NE]: YeaMay 22, 2013 4:36 p.m.