Rep. Niki Tsongas
- Massachusetts - District 3
|Representative||Massachusetts's 3rd District|
|Representative||Massachusetts's 5th District|
Tsongas is a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Tsongas to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Niki Tsongas sits on the following committees:
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Tsongas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2059: To amend title 10, United States Code, to ensure the issuance of regulations ...
- H.R. 1840: Senior and Retired Volunteers Act of 2013
- H.R. 412: Nashua River Wild and Scenic River Study Act
- H.R. 5319 (112th): Nashua River Wild and Scenic River Study Act
- H.R. 3471 (112th): Helping Individuals Return to Employment Act
- H.R. 2240 (112th): Lowell National Historical Park Land Exchange Act of 2012
- H.R. 2103 (112th): SSI Savers Act of 2011
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Oct 2007 to May 2013, Tsongas missed 143 of 4,335 roll call votes, which is 3.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Tsongas [D-MA3]: YeaMay 22, 2013 6:50 p.m.
Rep. Tsongas [D-MA3]: AyeMay 22, 2013 6:32 p.m.
Rep. Tsongas [D-MA3]: AyeMay 22, 2013 6:27 p.m.
Rep. Tsongas [D-MA3]: AyeMay 22, 2013 6:23 p.m.