Rep. Owen Pickett
Former Representative from Virginia's 2nd District
|Representative||Virginia's 2nd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Pickett was a centrist Democratic follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Pickett’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Pickett to other members of the House of Representatives in the 106th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Pickett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1047 (106th): To authorize the Secretary of Transportation to issue a certificate of documentation ...
- H.J.Res. 36 (106th): Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to restrict ...
- H.Con.Res. 41 (106th): To express the sense of the Congress that the Bureau of Labor ...
- H.R. 1014 (106th): Employee Educational Assistance Act of 1999
- H.R. 648 (106th): Military Retired Pay Restoration Act of 1999
- H.R. 4669 (105th): Military Retired Pay Restoration Act of 1998
- H.R. 3972 (105th): To amend the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act to prohibit the Secretary ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1987 to Dec 2000, Pickett missed 234 of 7,638 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is worse than the median of 3.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2000. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills