Sen. Pat Roberts
|Representative||Kansas's 1st District|
Roberts is a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Roberts to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Pat Roberts sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
- Joint Committee on the Library
- Joint Committee on Printing
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Livestock, Dairy, Poultry, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
Senate Committee on Finance
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Health Care
- Member, Subcommittee on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Taxation and IRS Oversight
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Roberts’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 806: A bill to amend part B of title XVIII of the Social Security ...
- S. 786: Restoring Honesty for our Economy Act
- S. 787: Restoring Integrity to our Government Act
- S. 763: Underground Gas Storage Facility Safety Act of 2013
- S. 721: Kelsey Smith Act
- S. 677: Crop Insurance Improvement Act of 2013
- S. 485: A bill to exempt certain class A CDL drivers from the requirement to ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to May 2013, Roberts missed 127 of 5,215 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is worse than the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
Nomination Confirmed 97/0
Sen. Roberts [R-KS]: YeaMay 23, 2013 1:59 p.m.
Amendment Rejected 27/71
Sen. Roberts [R-KS]: NayMay 23, 2013 10:38 a.m.