Sen. Richard Burr
- North Carolina
|Representative||North Carolina's 5th District|
Burr is a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Burr to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Richard Burr sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Burr’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 819: Veterans Mental Health Treatment First Act of 2013
- S. 778: A bill to authorize the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to issue cards to ...
- S. 779: Public Employee Pension Transparency Act
- S. 705: War Memorial Protection Act of 2013
- S. 624: Child Care Protection Act of 2013
- S.Res. 79: A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of Take Our Daughters and Sons ...
- S. 572: Veterans Second Amendment Protection Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to May 2013, Burr missed 81 of 2,615 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Amendment Agreed to 87/8
Sen. Burr [R-NC]: YeaMay 21, 2013 12:02 p.m.
Nomination Confirmed 90/0
Sen. Burr [R-NC]: YeaMay 20, 2013 5:32 p.m.
Nomination Confirmed 97/0
Sen. Burr [R-NC]: YeaMay 16, 2013 1:51 p.m.