Rep. Robin Beard Jr.
Former Representative from Tennessee's 6th District
|Representative||Tennessee's 6th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Beard was a far-right Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Beard’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Beard to other members of the House of Representatives in the 97th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Beard’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7015 (97th): Office of Strategic Trade Act of 1982
- H.R. 6969 (97th): A bill to amend the Federal-State Extended Unemployment Compensation Act of 1970 ...
- H.Con.Res. 382 (97th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress that the Tennessee ...
- H.R. 6737 (97th): A bill to abolish the insanity defense for Federal crimes.
- H.R. 6689 (97th): Rural Enterprise Zone Act of 1982
- H.R. 5979 (97th): Railroad Cost Recovery and Retirement Fund Act of 1982
- H.R. 5806 (97th): A bill to establish an Inspector General in the Tennessee Valley Authority.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1973 to Dec 1982, Beard missed 653 of 5,886 roll call votes, which is 11.1%. This is worse than the median of 7.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills