Rep. Ronnie Flippo
Former Representative from Alabama's 5th District
|Representative||Alabama's 5th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Flippo was a centrist Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Flippo’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Flippo to other members of the House of Representatives in the 101st Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Flippo’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5484 (101st): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the provisions ...
- H.R. 5049 (101st): Healthcare Benefits for Retired Coalminers Act of 1990
- H.R. 4651 (101st): To direct the Secretary of the Army to convey a certain parcel ...
- H.R. 4408 (101st): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the ...
- H.R. 3459 (101st): Regarding the duty-free entry of a nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer for the ...
- H.R. 3360 (101st): To add approximately 500 miles to the National System of Interstate and ...
- H.R. 3303 (101st): Polychlorinated Biphenyl Waste Regulatory Improvements Act of 1989
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Oct 1990, Flippo missed 998 of 7,247 roll call votes, which is 13.8%. This is worse than the median of 4.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1990. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills