Rep. Scott Garrett
- New Jersey - District 5
|Representative||New Jersey's 5th District|
Garrett is a moderate Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Garrett to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Scott Garrett sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance
- House Committee on the Budget
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Garrett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1872: Budget and Accounting Transparency Act of 2013
- H.R. 1458: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1 ...
- H.R. 1256: Swap Jurisdiction Certainty Act
- H.R. 1065: STATE Act
- H.R. 1062: SEC Regulatory Accountability Act
- H.R. 168: Small Business Freedom of Commerce Act of 2013
- H.R. 104: Jerusalem Embassy and Recognition Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to May 2013, Garrett missed 125 of 7,755 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Garrett [R-NJ5]: NayMay 23, 2013 12:30 p.m.
Rep. Garrett [R-NJ5]: YeaMay 23, 2013 10:58 a.m.
Rep. Garrett [R-NJ5]: YeaMay 23, 2013 10:46 a.m.
This bill’s text for status Referred to Senate Committee (May 20, 2013) is now available.May 22, 2013 9:46 p.m.