Murphy was a centrist Democratic follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Murphy’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Murphy to other members of the House of Representatives in the 111th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Murphy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1635 (111th): Supporting the goals and ideals of an annual “National Yellow Ribbon Day”.
- H.Res. 1513 (111th): Congratulating the Saratoga Race Course as it celebrates its 142nd season.
- H.R. 5599 (111th): Wire Clarification Act of 2010
- H.R. 5291 (111th): Tax Information for New Fiscal Oversight Act of 2010
- H.R. 5084 (111th): America Recruits Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1178 (111th): Directing the Clerk of the House of Representatives to compile the cost ...
- H.R. 4545 (111th): Rural Broadband Initiative Act of 2010
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Apr 2009 to Dec 2010, Murphy missed 59 of 1,435 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
This resolution’s text is now available.Sep 17, 2010 1:03 p.m.
This resolution was introduced on September 16, 2010, in a previous session of Congress, but was not enacted.Sep 16, 2010
This resolution’s text for status Passed the House (Engrossed) (Jul 21, 2010) is now available.Jul 22, 2010 6:23 a.m.