Sen. Sherrod Brown
|Representative||Ohio's 13th District|
Brown is a far-left Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Brown to other members of the Senate on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Sherrod Brown sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security and International Trade and Finance
Senate Committee on Finance
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Social Security, Pensions, and Family Policy
- Member, Subcommittee on Fiscal Responsibility and Economic Growth
- Member, Subcommittee on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Member, Subcommittee on Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Jobs, Rural Economic Growth and Energy Innovation
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Brown’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1064: A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide ...
- S. 1022: A bill to amend title 46, United States Code, to extend the exemption ...
- S. 836: Working Families Tax Relief Act of 2013
- S. 798: TBTF Act
- S. 697: Contract Screener Reform and Accountability Act
- S. 679: Local Farms, Food, and Jobs Act of 2013
- S. 635: Privacy Notice Modernization Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to May 2013, Brown missed 25 of 1,978 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Nomination Confirmed 97/0
Sen. Brown [D-OH]: YeaMay 23, 2013 1:59 p.m.
Amendment Rejected 27/71
Sen. Brown [D-OH]: NayMay 23, 2013 10:38 a.m.