Cohen is a far-left Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Cohen to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Steve Cohen sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Judiciary
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Cohen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1635: National Commission on Federal Marijuana Policy Act of 2013
- H.R. 1002: Fair Access to Credit Scores Act of 2013
- H.R. 645: Equal Employment for All Act
- H.R. 646: Bankruptcy Nondiscrimination Enhancement Act of 2013
- H.R. 532: Private Student Loan Bankruptcy Fairness Act of 2013
- H.R. 506: Jane’s Law
- H.R. 278: John Tanner Fairness and Independence in Redistricting Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to May 2013, Cohen missed 144 of 5,297 roll call votes, which is 2.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Cohen [D-TN9]: AyeMay 17, 2013 1:22 p.m.
Rep. Cohen [D-TN9]: AyeMay 17, 2013 1:05 p.m.
Agreed to 233/163