Rep. Steve King
- Iowa - District 4
|Representative||Iowa's 4th District|
|Representative||Iowa's 5th District|
King is a far-right Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare King to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Steve King sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on the Judiciary
- House Committee on Small Business
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of King’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2013: To repeal the wage rate requirements commonly known as the Davis-Bacon Act.
- H.R. 1746: Truth in Employment Act of 2013
- H.R. 1503: No Hungry Kids Act
- H.R. 1292: New IDEA Act
- H.R. 997: English Language Unity Act of 2013
- H.R. 946: National Right-to-Work Act
- H.R. 917: Sunshine in the Courtroom Act of 2013
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to May 2013, King missed 163 of 7,738 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. King [R-IA4]: NayMay 22, 2013 6:50 p.m.