Rep. Steve Scalise
- Louisiana - District 1
|Representative||Louisiana's 1st District|
Scalise is a far-right Republican leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Scalise to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Steve Scalise sits on the following committees:
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Scalise’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1571: Buffett Rule Act of 2013
- H.Con.Res. 24: Expressing the sense of Congress that a carbon tax would be detrimental to ...
- H.R. 6410 (112th): Buffett Rule Act of 2012
- H.R. 3675 (112th): Next Generation Television Marketplace Act
- H.R. 3628 (112th): To extend the National Flood Insurance Program until May 31, 2012.
- H.J.Res. 85 (112th): Disapproving the rule of the Agricultural Marketing Service of the Department of ...
- H.R. 3310 (112th): Federal Communications Commission Consolidated Reporting Act of 2012
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From May 2008 to May 2013, Scalise missed 55 of 3,863 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Scalise [R-LA1]: NayMay 23, 2013 12:30 p.m.
Rep. Scalise [R-LA1]: YeaMay 23, 2013 10:58 a.m.
Rep. Scalise [R-LA1]: YeaMay 23, 2013 10:46 a.m.