Rep. Thomas Evans
Former Representative from Iowa's 3rd District
|Representative||Iowa's 3rd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Evans was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Evans’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Evans to other members of the House of Representatives in the 99th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Evans’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5403 (99th): A bill to amend the Grain Standards Act of 1916 to establish ...
- H.R. 4984 (99th): Farm Credit Enhancement Act of 1986
- H.R. 4944 (99th): A bill to amend the Farm Credit Act of 1971 to provide ...
- H.R. 4853 (99th): Farm Mortgage Guarantee Act of 1986
- H.R. 4714 (99th): Grain Quality Improvement Act of 1986
- H.R. 4605 (99th): A bill to amend the Grain Standards Act of 1916 to provide ...
- H.R. 4139 (99th): A bill to amend the United States Grain Standards Act of 1916 ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1986, Evans missed 148 of 2,600 roll call votes, which is 5.7%. This is better than the median of 5.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills