Rep. Thomas Hartnett
Former Representative from South Carolina's 1st District
|Representative||South Carolina's 1st District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Hartnett was a far-right Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Hartnett’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Hartnett to other members of the House of Representatives in the 99th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Hartnett’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5648 (99th): A bill to provide for a waiver of certain requirements of title ...
- H.R. 5075 (99th): A bill to authorize the acquisition of certain real property located in ...
- H.R. 5063 (99th): A bill to amend the Tariff Schedules of the United States to ...
- H.Con.Res. 327 (99th): A concurrent resolution to recognize the visit by the descendants of the ...
- H.R. 3481 (99th): A bill to prohibit the importation into the customs territory of the ...
- H.Res. 245 (99th): A resolution urging the Postmaster General to issue a commemorative stamp in ...
- H.R. 2838 (99th): A bill for the relief of Siu Kee Tong and Yuan Kiang ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1981 to Oct 1986, Hartnett missed 432 of 2,575 roll call votes, which is 16.8%. This is worse than the median of 5.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills