Bishop is a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Bishop to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Timothy Bishop sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Bishop’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1877: Water Pollution Control Investment Act
- H.R. 1832: Gold Star Fathers Act of 2013
- H.R. 1426: Big Oil Welfare Repeal Act of 2013
- H.R. 48: Open Space Preservation Promotion Act of 2013
- H.R. 47: Farmland Preservation and Land Conservation Act of 2013
- H.R. 6414 (112th): Renovate and Enhance Veterans’ Meeting Halls and Posts Act of 2012
- H.R. 5885 (112th): New York Fair Fishing Act of 2012
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to May 2013, Bishop missed 189 of 7,732 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Bishop [D-NY1]: AyeMay 17, 2013 1:22 p.m.
Rep. Bishop [D-NY1]: AyeMay 17, 2013 1:05 p.m.
Agreed to 233/163