Walz is a moderate Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Walz to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Timothy Walz sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Member, Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Walz’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1980: Quicker Veterans Benefits Delivery Act
- H.Res. 209: Recognizing the 150th anniversary of the founding of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers ...
- H.R. 1727: Beginning Farmer and Rancher Opportunity Act of 2013
- H.R. 975: Servicemember Mental Health Review Act
- H.R. 679: Honor America’s Guard-Reserve Retirees Act
- H.Con.Res. 5: Authorizing the use of Emancipation Hall in the Capitol Visitor Center for an ...
- H.R. 6629 (112th): National Child Protection Training Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to May 2013, Walz missed 48 of 5,320 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Walz [D-MN1]: YeaMay 23, 2013 12:30 p.m.
Rep. Walz [D-MN1]: NayMay 23, 2013 10:58 a.m.
Rep. Walz [D-MN1]: NayMay 23, 2013 10:46 a.m.