Akin was a far-right Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Akin’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Akin to other members of the House of Representatives in the 112th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Akin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6000 (112th): Validating Entitlement Recipients through Indicated Federal Immigration Status Act of 2012
- H.R. 4971 (112th): SAFE Act
- H.Res. 464 (112th): Congratulating the St. Louis Cardinals on winning the 2011 World Series Championship.
- H.R. 3337 (112th): Open Burn Pit Registry Act of 2011
- H.R. 3246 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 3247 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 3248 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Jan 2013, Akin missed 459 of 8,568 roll call votes, which is 5.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity