Rep. Tommy Vandergriff
Former Representative from Texas's 26th District
|Representative||Texas's 26th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Vandergriff was a centrist Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Vandergriff’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Vandergriff to other members of the House of Representatives in the 98th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Vandergriff’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 641 (98th): A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution with respect to ...
- H.Res. 530 (98th): A resolution urging continuation of tax deductibility of residential mortgage interest payments.
- H.R. 5880 (98th): A bill to amend section 459 of the Social Security Act to ...
- H.R. 5623 (98th): National Wildflower Landscaping Act of 1984
- H.J.Res. 545 (98th): A joint resolution designating the week of September 16 through 22, 1984 ...
- H.R. 5141 (98th): A bill to amend part A of title XVIII of the Social ...
- H.R. 4703 (98th): Congressional Pay Responsibility Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Oct 1984, Vandergriff missed 34 of 905 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is better than the median of 6.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1984. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills