Cárdenas is a moderate Democratic follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Cárdenas to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Tony Cárdenas sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Natural Resources
House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy Policy, Health Care, and Entitlements
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Cárdenas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to May 2013, Cárdenas missed 9 of 160 roll call votes, which is 5.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- New Member Pictorial Directory (113th), Committee on House Administration for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills
Recent Legislative Activity
Agreed to 233/163