Rep. Trey Gowdy
- South Carolina - District 4
|Representative||South Carolina's 4th District|
Gowdy is a moderate Republican follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship.
Use this chart to compare Gowdy to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Trey Gowdy sits on the following committees:
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions
- House Committee on Ethics
House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Workforce, U.S. Postal Service, and the Census
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Gowdy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 652: To amend the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961 to limit assistance to countries ...
- H.R. 6620 (112th): Former Presidents Protection Act of 2012
- H.R. 3237 (112th): SOAR Technical Corrections Act
- H.R. 2926 (112th): National Labor Relations Reorganization Act of 2011
- H.R. 2534 (112th): Ensuring America’s Promises Act of 2011
- H.R. 2076 (112th): Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012
- H.R. 1894 (112th): Military Commissions Guilty Plea Adjustment Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to May 2013, Gowdy missed 15 of 1,766 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Agreed to 233/163
Rep. Gowdy [R-SC4]: AyeMay 17, 2013 12:58 p.m.
Rep. Gowdy [R-SC4]: AyeMay 17, 2013 10:55 a.m.