Rep. William Cotter
Former Representative from Connecticut's 1st District
|Representative||Connecticut's 1st District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Cotter was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Cotter’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Cotter to other members of the House of Representatives in the 97th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Cotter’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4245 (97th): A bill to amend the Gun Control Act of 1968 to provide ...
- H.R. 4246 (97th): A bill to require a speedy trial for criminal defendants charged with ...
- H.R. 2346 (97th): Individual Retirement Savings Act of 1981
- H.R. 2253 (97th): A bill to authorize social security coverage, under the agreement entered into ...
- H.R. 2101 (97th): A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act with ...
- H.Res. 808 (96th): A resolution to express the concern of the House of Representatives over ...
- H.R. 8283 (96th): Individual Retirement Savings Act of 1980
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1971 to Aug 1981, Cotter missed 1,053 of 5,895 roll call votes, which is 17.9%. This is worse than the median of 7.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Aug 1981. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills