Rep. William Ratchford
Former Representative from Connecticut's 5th District
|Representative||Connecticut's 5th District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Ratchford was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Ratchford’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Ratchford to other members of the House of Representatives in the 98th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Ratchford’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6282 (98th): A bill for the relief of Mary Lou Golightly.
- H.R. 4953 (98th): A bill to establish procedures for exempting certain interstate highways from the ...
- H.R. 3588 (98th): A bill to amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to ...
- H.R. 3496 (98th): A bill to make certain repairs on a bridge on Interstate Route ...
- H.R. 3246 (98th): A bill conferring jurisdiction upon the United States Court of Claims to ...
- H.R. 2776 (98th): A bill relating to the tariff treatment of gut imported for use ...
- H.R. 2497 (98th): A bill to delay implementation of the requirement that States allow tandem ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Oct 1984, Ratchford missed 127 of 2,981 roll call votes, which is 4.3%. This is better than the median of 6.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1984. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills