Sen. William Saxbe
Former Senator from Ohio
See Also: Congress.gov
Saxbe was a moderate Republican follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Saxbe’s time serving in the Senate.
Use this chart to compare Saxbe to other members of the Senate in the 93rd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Saxbe’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2560 (93rd): A bill for the relief of Ellen Yin-Hsian Niu.
- S. 2526 (93rd): American Railroad Consolidation Act
- S. 2309 (93rd): A bill to change the name of the Lockbourne Air Force Base, ...
- S. 2152 (93rd): A bill to amend title 10, United States Code, to limit, and ...
- S. 2261 (93rd): A bill for the relief of George Krambousasnos.
- S. 2066 (93rd): National Emergency Energy Coordination Act
- S. 1862 (93rd): A bill to provide for the establishment of the Cuyahoga Valley National ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1969 to Dec 1973, Saxbe missed 675 of 2,172 roll call votes, which is 31.1%. This is worse than the median of 11.9% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 1973. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills