Rep. William Walsh
Former Representative from New York's 33rd District
|Representative||New York's 33rd District|
See Also: Congress.gov
Walsh was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Walsh’s time serving in the House of Representatives.
Use this chart to compare Walsh to other members of the House of Representatives in the 95th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship
Some of Walsh’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 13736 (95th): A bill to provide that the price of unleaded gasoline may not ...
- H.R. 12579 (95th): A bill to amend the Public Buildings Act of 1959 in order ...
- H.R. 11210 (95th): A bill to require that Indian claims be disregarded when determining the ...
- H.R. 10747 (95th): A bill to amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to ...
- H.R. 10246 (95th): State of New York Indian Claims Act
- H.R. 9906 (95th): State of New York Aboriginal Claims Act
- H.R. 7759 (95th): A bill to prohibit the expenditure of Federal funds for the conversion ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1973 to Oct 1978, Walsh missed 338 of 3,848 roll call votes, which is 8.8%. This is worse than the median of 8.0% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills