Who’s using our data and API?
Here’s a list of some of the websites and apps using our data or API:
- OpenCongress: Quite like GovTrack with a focus on social networking-type tools. (Since 2007)
- MAPLight.org: Computes correlations between votes and campaign contributions. (Since 2007)
- Follow the Oil Money: A money-and-votes site directed at energy and oil.
- WhereABill.org: Follow the progress of a bill through the capitol complex, visually, on a map. (Since 2007)
- TheMiddleClass.org: Tracking legislation of significance to the middle class.
- Filibusted.us: Who is filibustering the most bills? Sunlight Apps for America winner (2009).
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- VoteReports: Use VoteReports to see if your representatives truly represent you (since 2010)
- Congress111, by Mike Bluestein, has a variety of information on Members of Congress, based in part on GovTrack's database. (since 2010)
- Almost half of the entries to Sunlight Foundation's Apps for America contest in 2009 used data from GovTrack
- IBM ManyBills (since 2010)
- Connect2Congress (since 2010)
- GeoCongress.us (since 2010)
- VoteSane (since 2010)
- Watch the Vote
- Votility (since 2010)
- KillFil! - Kill Filibuster (since 2011)
- VoterVoice.net (since 2011)
- Agreement Groups in the United States Senate, by Adrien Friggeri (2012)
- Real Clear Politics Congressional Bill Tracker (since 2013)
- Informed American (since 2013)
- Pocket Congress (since 2013)
- Girl emPower iOS app (2013)
Previously Used Our Data
These apps began by using our data, and later transitioned to using the data developed in the github:unitedstates/congress community project.
- Sunlight Foundation's Real Time Congress API (initially the Drumbone API)
- Congress app for Android phones by the Sunlight Foundation. (2010-2012)
- Scout by the Sunlight Foundation (2012)
- Call on Congress voice service app by the Sunlight Foundation (2012)
Sites no longer operating:
- National Journal: Committee Chairmen: An interactive game where you can play musical chairs with the committee leadership of the incoming 111th Congress.
- Govit: Citizens vote on bills. (2010)
- Laws I Like: Vote on bills and post your votes to your profile. (2009)
- RepresentedBy: Post your representatives to your profile and keep up with what they're doing. (2009)
- WeTheCandidates (2010)
- NewBallot: You vote on the same laws Congress is voting on. Every week your representative gets a report on how their constituency wants them to vote. (2010)
- WatchDog.net: Another GovTrack clone with some additional information. (2009)
- CongressDB: Analysis of voting records.
- PeepGov.com (2010)
- Citizen Binder (2010)