The text of the bill below is as of Aug 2, 1993 (Passed the House).
HR 821 EH
H. R. 821
To amend title 38, United States Code, to extend eligibility for burial in national cemeteries to persons who have 20 years of service creditable for retired pay as members of a reserve component of the Armed Forces.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. ELIGIBILITY FOR BURIAL IN NATIONAL CEMETERIES.
- (a) IN GENERAL- Section 2402 of title 38, United States Code, is amended--
- (1) by redesignating paragraph (6) as paragraph (7); and
- (2) by adding after paragraph (5) the following new paragraph:
‘(6) Any person who at the time of death was entitled to retired pay under chapter 67 of title 10 or would have been entitled to retired pay under that chapter but for the fact that the person was under 60 years of age.’.
- (b) CONFORMING AMENDMENTS- (1) Section 2301(e) of such title is amended by striking out ‘section 2402(6)’ and inserting in lieu thereof ‘section 2402(7)’.
- (2) Section 2306(a)(2) of such title is amended by striking out ‘(6)’ and inserting in lieu thereof ‘(7)’.
Passed the House of Representatives August 2, 1993.