The text of the bill below is as of Nov 22, 1993 (Passed the Senate).
S 1769 ES
To make a technical amendment, and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. CDBG TECHNICAL AMENDMENT.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the city of Slidell, Louisiana may submit, not later than 10 days after the enactment of this Act, and the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development shall consider and accept, the final statement of community development objectives and projected use of funds required by section 104(a)(1) of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 in connection with a grant to the city of Slidell under title 1 of such Act for fiscal year 1994.
SEC. 2. INCREASE OF CDBG PUBLIC SERVICES CAP.
- (a) IN GENERAL- Section 105(a)(8) of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 (42 U.S.C. 5305(a)(8)) is amended--
- (1) by striking ‘and’ after the penultimate comma; and
- (2) by inserting before the semicolon at the end the following: ‘, and except that of any amount of assistance under this title (including program income) in fiscal year 1994 to the City of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, such city may use not more than 20 percent in each such fiscal year for activities under this paragraph’.
SEC. 3. CONVERSION PROJECTS.
- (a) SECTION 23 CONVERSION-
- (1) AUTHORIZATION- Notwithstanding contracts entered into pursuant to section 14(b)(2) of the United States Housing Act of 1937, the Secretary is authorized to enter into obligations for conversion of Leonard Terrace Apartments in Grand Rapids, Michigan, from a leased housing contract under section 23 of such Act to a project-based rental assistance contract under section 8 of such Act.
- (2) REPAYMENT REQUIRED- The authorization made in paragraph (1) is conditioned on the repayment to the Secretary of all amounts received by the public housing agency under the comprehensive improvement assistance program under section 14 of the United States Housing Act of 1937 for the Leonard Terrace Apartment project and the amounts, as determined by the Secretary, received by the public housing agency under the formula in section 14(k) of such Act by reason of the project.
SEC. 4. FIRE SAFETY IN FEDERALLY ASSISTED HOUSING.
- Section 31(c)(2)(A)(i) of the Federal Fire Prevention and Control Act of 1974 (15 U.S.C. 2227(c)(2)(A)(i)) is amended by adding ‘(or equivalent level of safety)’ after ‘system’.
Passed the Senate November 22, 1993.