S. 1627 (104th): A bill to designate the visitor center at Jean Lafitte National Historical Park in New Orleans, Louisiana as the “Laura C. Hudson Visitor Center.”


Mar 20, 1996
104th Congress, 1995–1996

Died in a previous Congress

This bill was introduced on May 1, 1996, in a previous session of Congress, but was not enacted.


John Johnston Jr.

Senator from Louisiana



Read Text »
Last Updated: May 9, 1996
Length: 4 pages

About the bill

Summary (CRS)

3/20/1996--Introduced.Designates the visitor center at Jean Lafitte National Historical Park located at 419 Rue Decatur in New Orleans, Louisiana, as the Laura C. Hudson Visitor Center. Read more >

The bill’s title was written by its sponsor.


Mar 20, 1996

This is the first step in the legislative process.

May 1, 1996
Reported by Committee

A committee has issued a report to the full chamber recommending that the bill be considered further. Only about 1 in 4 bills are reported out of committee.

This is a Senate bill in the United States Congress (indicated by the “S.” in “S. 1627”). A bill must be passed by both the House and Senate in identical form and then be signed by the President to become law.


2 cosponsors (2D) (show)
Committee Assignments

The committee chair determines whether a bill will move past the committee stage.


There have been no roll call votes related to this bill.

Links & tools

Primary Source

THOMAS.gov (The Library of Congress)

GovTrack gets most information from THOMAS, which is updated generally one day after events occur. Activity since the last update may not be reflected here. Data comes via the congress project.


Click a format for a citation suggestion: