The text of the bill below is as of Jul 26, 2006 (Passed Congress).
Begun and held at the City of Washington on Tuesday,
the third day of January, two thousand and six
To direct the Secretary of the Interior to convey the Newlands Project Headquarters and Maintenance Yard Facility to the Truckee-Carson Irrigation District in the State of Nevada.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the `Newlands Project Headquarters and Maintenance Yard Facility Transfer Act'.
SEC. 2. DEFINITIONS.
In this Act:
(1) AGREEMENT- The term `Agreement' means the memorandum of agreement between the District and the Secretary identified as Contract No. 3-LC-20-805 and dated June 9, 2003.
(2) DISTRICT- The term `District' means the Truckee-Carson Irrigation District in the State of Nevada.
(3) SECRETARY- The term `Secretary' means the Secretary of the Interior.
SEC. 3. CONVEYANCE OF NEWLANDS PROJECT HEADQUARTERS AND MAINTENANCE YARD FACILITY.
(1) IN GENERAL- As soon as practicable after the date of enactment of this Act and in accordance with the Agreement and any applicable laws, the Secretary shall convey to the District all right, title, and interest of the United States in and to the real property described in paragraph (2).
(2) DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY- The real property referred to in paragraph (1) is the real property within the Newlands Projects, Nevada, that is--
(A) known as `2666 Harrigan Road, Fallon, Nevada'; and
(B) identified for disposition on the map entitled `Newlands Project Headquarters and Maintenance Yard Facility'.
(b) Consideration- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, amounts received by the United States for the lease or sale of Newlands Project land comprising the Fallon Freight Yard shall, for purposes of this section, be treated as consideration for the real property conveyed under subsection (a).
(c) Report- If the Secretary has not completed the conveyance under subsection (a) within 1 year after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary shall submit to Congress a report that--
(1) explains the reasons why the conveyance has not been completed; and
(2) specifies the date by which the conveyance will be completed.
(d) Environmental Review, Remediation, and Removal- In accordance with the Agreement, the Secretary may not convey the real property under subsection (a) until--
(1) the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (42 U.S.C. 4321 et seq.) and any applicable requirements relating to cultural resources have been complied with for the real property to be conveyed under subsection (a); and
(2) any required environmental site assessment, remediation, or removal has been completed with respect to the real property to be conveyed under subsection (a).
(e) Liability- The United States shall not be liable for damages of any kind arising out of any act, omission by, or occurrence relating to, the District or any employee, agent, or contractor of the District with respect to the real property conveyed under subsection (a) that occurs before, on, or after the date of the conveyance.
Speaker of the House of Representatives.
Vice President of the United States and
President of the Senate.